Saturday, May 14, 2011

I brought a black-with-thin-grey-stripes suit jacket with me to Korea. My dear mother modified the sleeves to my picky specifications. Before last week, I had worn the jacket three times.
Twice I wore the jacket for funerals, so it kind of has some sad associations for me.
The third time I wore it when I met with some official-types in Japan.
The other day, in the breast pocket I found a gum wrapper for some gum named Black Black. I ate this gum the day I wore the jacket to meet official-types in Japan. I thought it was weird that it sat in my pocket all that time and has followed me around, back and forth from home, not to be noticed until now. Also, the gum is made by Lotte, a Korean brand.
Not really ironic... not really prophetic... but... foreshadowing? Not really anything, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment